COMING MID 2020!
At Nobody Denim, Sustainable business is good business. Ethics are at the heart of what they do and we LOVE that. Nobody Denim is on a journey to be a leading advocate of good business practice. They believe in a triple bottom line approach that sees people and the planet as integral to their decision-making and direction.
- Since 2017 they've reduced water use by 50% in their stone washing and bleaching processes.
- They're currently exploring other ways to save water, including steam recapture.
- Lighting accounted for 40% of the factory’s energy consumption so they switched to LEDs and significantly cut their electricity use.
- They've saved energy by investing in more efficient technology, combining three machines into one to significantly cut electricity.
- To make their sewing machines more energy efficient, they're looking at investing in new motors.
- To keep their spatial footprint small rather than expanding into bigger premises as they’ve grown, they've opted to stay in their existing factory. They’ve done this by making their garment assembly more efficient. This has reduced space and saved energy.
And these are just some of the reasons why we support these amazing, homegrown individuals leading the way in the Australian fashion industry! They deserve all of our support!