On Friday night, professional stylist, Andri Parlett, gave us her hot tips on how to update your spring wardrobe effectively and efficiently - no waste!
The key to a smart capsule wardrobe is good quality essentials .Going into Spring, if you have these pieces in your wardrobe, you can start to build a capsule wardrobe which will allow you to create endless looks using these essential pieces.
Andri's top picks for a classic but up-to-the-minute spring wardrobe are:
- A trench coat. An absolute must-have transeasonal piece, that elevates your everyday style and creates that effortless stylish look!
- A pair of white sneakers
- A go-to pair of denim jeans is something no wardrobe can be without! Going into spring, the high waisted, vintage wash denim is on the most desirable list, however for me when it comes to denim the fit is more important than what is on trend. Find a style and fit that flatters your shape, is comfortable and makes you feel fab!
- A classic white shirt. A key foundational piece for every woman’s wardrobe, and it certainly does not need to be traditional or boring. For added edge, go for a style that is oversized, has puffy sleeves, unexpected detailing or even off the shoulder. So many ways to wear a classic white shirt.
- A white tee and a tee with a graphic print. A basic, good quality white tee is a workhorse in your spring wardrobe, and a piece that creates so many different looks. For a more edgy look, introduce a statement graphic tee.
- An all purpose dress - fun and flirty, midi or maxi, a versatile day dress is a key piece! Choose one that you can wear casually with sneakers and a denim jacket, or dress up with a wedge, statement earrings and bright lip colour!
- A statement layer piece. Think a cool silk bomber jacket with a fun print or a biker leather jacket. You need that second layer piece to add some edge and a bit of fun to your style.
- A cotton/wool/cashmere blend sweater or cardigan (depending where you live). A great piece for the transeasonal period to add layers and texture to your outfit.
- A midi skirt is such a versatile piece in your wardrobe that can be dressed up or down. Consider what style and shape is most flattering for you, but we are loving LEATHER for a spring wardrobe that scream "FASHIONISTA".
- A good quality leather handbag is your ideal accessory this spring. Perfect for work or play, it'll have you looking fabulous and on trend in both situations!
So what are you waiting for? You have FREE personal stylist advice on the spring must haves AND a discount from Miko + Mollie to get them! You'd be mad not to!